Still working my way thru getting the prerequisites installed… with mostly success!
Getting closer.. Tho I need a restart :D
One thing I did find out (forgot to get a screenshot) is to install WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe, it actually requires Windows Update Service to be running. easy enough… Net start wuauserv
and… its already running…. hmmm…
Next up… lets try the /i switch which is the silent install option
Wait a couple of minuets and try and run WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe again. it extracts as usual, and them I'm presented with this:
GUI for AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server Setup Wizard!
Running through the Wizard, all features are installed. Excellent!
so… after a restart and a couple of preprequsist installs…. I try setup again….
Ouch! That's going to hurt. SharePoint setup wants me to uninstall appfabric and have the prereq tool istall and configure it.
Also, this native client business… swear i installed that.